Friday 20 April 2012

It's been a long time since I made an entry in my blog but that doesn't mean that I haven't been carrying on with my research. At the moment I am concentrating on the CHEETHAM side of the family as they seem to have left more of a footprint in history.
I have now discovered that they were simultaneously farming land in Orston, Flintham, Lenton, Whatton and also in the St Anns area. Some of this land they owned, some of it they were tennants.
I know that they sold some land in Flintham to Thomas Blackborne Thoroton Hildyard for £900 in 1867. By that time I think the CHEETHAM's were no longer farming in Flintham. 
By 1881, and the death of Frances CHEETHAM, wife of William at Dunkirk Farm in Lenton the family's connection with farming was all but finished, although the family continued in the Lenton area until only recently.
I would be interested to hear from anyone connected to the family and may be able to provide any more information.

No comments: