Sunday 11 November 2012

The weekend

I've just finished downloading all the WWI documents I can find on Ancestry that are relevant to my family history. Some of their UK WWI records have been free this weekend as part of a campaign to commemorate Remembrance Day.
I already have some of them, but now I have them all in the same file on one computer. I must remember to back them up to another drive, of course.
I did the same with the 1911 census while that was free last month. If you are on a budget, like me, it pays to  look out for these special offers on all the family history sites. It does mean that you have to register on the sites, but it's free.
Anyone who uses Google Chrome for there Ancestry searches, as I do, might be interested in an extension that is available. Called Ancestry Family Search Extension 2.5. The blurb on the web page says"This extension takes the vital information from an Ancestry Family Tree person page and searches FamilySearch.org using those details. (An Ancestry subscription is required to view other people’s Ancestry Family Trees.)
The extension can be found at the Chrome Web Store.

No comments: